这是一段绝望的行走。
Walking. Walking alone in despair.
烈日中似有一只
The massive autumn tiger is roaring above me,
化名为上帝的巨大的秋老虎
a God in pseudonym.
在我的头顶不住地咆哮,
Countless autumn tigers
更多的秋老虎,藏身于
hide in the numerous motor vehicles on the road,
我身边数不清的汽车马达中,
howling from their gas throats
也纷纷用它们暴躁的石油之喉,
as if in chorus, scolding me, the only creature without gas
发出了震天的啸声,像是在
on the road.
齐声呵斥我这个公路上唯一一个
I feel guilty, a happy sensation, a thrill of crime.
体内没有石油的物体。
Yes, I'm walking on the highway
这竟让我产生了一种
with a weighted backpack on my shoulders and firm steps
犯罪的快感:没错,背着
in the wilderness outside this little town.
硕大的双肩包,步履坚定地
No bus routes run between the two shopping centers
行走在小镇郊外的旷野上
and I definitely don't look like a shopper
两个不通公交车的商场之间,
picking underwear for my distant wife.
我看上去绝对不像一个
I'm a suspicious guy with sun burns,
为远方的妻子四处挑选内衣的
and poison milk powder, bombs, or communism
购物者,我更像是一个可疑的
in my backpack.
有色人种,背包里兴许是
毒奶粉、炸弹或者共产主义。
My footsteps awaken some other creatures
突然间,在马路边的荒草中
on the roadside, who have no gas in their bodies either
我的脚步唤起了另外一些
just like me; grasshoppers. They live a small life
体内没有石油的物体:
in this huge country.
那是一群蝗虫,灰头土脑地
They are fantastic country musicians.
在这个庞大的国度
Their little wings and back legs make friction
过着它们渺小的直翅目生活。
that takes me back to the rice fields of the Sichuan Basin
它们是最棒的乡村乐手,
from this gigantic North American prairie.
翅膀和后腿稍事摩擦,
Come on grasshoppers, sing your little songs
就足以令我从北美大草原
before I die from sweating too much.
回到四川盆地的稻田。
Put all the autumn tigers
加油,蝗虫们!在我汗水滴落之前
to sleep and let me walk my way alone.
快用你们的小声音
把所有的秋老虎统统催眠。