原谅我。
Forgive me. I was a schemer like many of those who steal by human habitations at night.
我满怀心机,就像那些夜晚在人类居所行窃的贼人。
I reckoned the positions of guards before I dared approach closed borders.
在越过边界之前,我要确定守卫者的位置。
Knowing more, I pretended that less would suffice, unlike those who give testimony,
在知道了更多情况后,我自欺欺人地说“少点儿也够”,不像那些宣誓之人,
Indifferent to gunfire, hue and cry in the brushwood, and mockery.
无视枪声,树丛中“抓住他”的叫喊,还有世人的嘲笑。
Let sages and saints, I thought, bring a gift to the whole Earth, not merely to language.
让先哲和圣人给全世界带来福祉,而非仅仅惠及语言。
I protect my good name for language is my measure.
我为了语言而拒绝污名是我的精打细算,
A bucolic, childish language that transforms the sublime into the cordial.
这是一种乡村小曲式的,孩子气的语言,它把崇高的事物变成家常里短。
And the hymn or psalm of a choirmaster falls apart, only a canticle remains.
大段的圣歌崩毁,仅有短小的颂曲得以留存。
My voice always lacked fullness, I would like to render a different thanksgiving,
我的声音总是底气不足,我多想有一种不同的感恩和慷慨,里面没有奴隶引以为荣的讽刺。
And generously, without irony which is the glory of slaves.
超越七重边界,在晨星之下。
Beyond the seven borders, under the morning star.
融入水,火和所有元素的语言。
In the language of fire, water and all the elements.