Home (1)EDWARD THOMAS

家(1)照朗 译


Not the end: but there's nothing more.
并非终局:别的却也没有更多。
Sweet Summer and Winter rude
甜蜜的夏与粗粝的冬
I have loved, and friendship and love,
我都爱过,还有友谊与爱情,
The crowd and solitude:
人群与独处:

But I know them: I weary not;
但我明白它们:我并非累了;
But all that they mean I know.
它们的意义我都明白。
I would go back again home
现在,我会再一次
Now. Yet how should I go?
回家。可我该怎样返回?

This is my grief. That land,
这是我的伤悲。那片土地,
My home, I have never seen;
我的家园,我也从未见到;
No traveller tells of it,
没有旅行者谈起过它,
However far he has been.
纵然他走了那么远。

And could I discover it,
可我能否发现它?
I fear my happiness there,
我害怕在那里我的欢乐,
Or my pain, might be dreams of return
或我的痛苦,是梦想着回到
Here, to these things that were.
这里,回到过往的那些事情。

Remembering ills, though slight
记忆之病,虽然轻微
Yet irremediable,
却难治愈,
Brings a worse, an impurer pang
带来更糟更混杂的剧痛
Than remembering what was well.
甚于回忆那些美好

No: I cannot go back,
不:我回不去了,
And would not if I could.
即便能回我也不愿。
Until blindness come, I must wait
直到失明降临,我必须等待
And blink at what is not good.
并且无视那些不美好。


添加译本