并非终局:别的却也没有更多。
Not the end: but there's nothing more.
甜蜜的夏与粗粝的冬
Sweet Summer and Winter rude
我都爱过,还有友谊与爱情,
I have loved, and friendship and love,
人群与独处:
The crowd and solitude:
但我明白它们:我并非累了;
But I know them: I weary not;
它们的意义我都明白。
But all that they mean I know.
现在,我会再一次
I would go back again home
回家。可我该怎样返回?
Now. Yet how should I go?
这是我的伤悲。那片土地,
This is my grief. That land,
我的家园,我也从未见到;
My home, I have never seen;
没有旅行者谈起过它,
No traveller tells of it,
纵然他走了那么远。
However far he has been.
可我能否发现它?
And could I discover it,
我害怕在那里我的欢乐,
I fear my happiness there,
或我的痛苦,是梦想着回到
Or my pain, might be dreams of return
这里,回到过往的那些事情。
Here, to these things that were.
记忆之病,虽然轻微
Remembering ills, though slight
却难治愈,
Yet irremediable,
带来更糟更混杂的剧痛
Brings a worse, an impurer pang
甚于回忆那些美好
Than remembering what was well.
不:我回不去了,
No: I cannot go back,
即便能回我也不愿。
And would not if I could.
直到失明降临,我必须等待
Until blindness come, I must wait
并且无视那些不美好。
And blink at what is not good.