1
1
The obverse of this instant is indeed my home.
这个时辰的背面,才是我的家,
It raises a white flag in another city.
它在另一个城市里挂起了白旗。
Before the crack of dawn, floodgates of sleep
天还没亮,睡眠的闸门放出几辆
let out some trucks. Like dinosaurs, at a turn
载重卡车,它们恐龙般在拐口
they claw for something which is nothing.
撕抢某件东西,本就没有的东西。
I wake up.
我醒来。
A green button tumbles off my body.
身上一颗绿扣子滚落。
2
2
Our green button, the tiny residue of eternity.
我们的绿扣子,永恒的小赘物。
Clouds, bricking Shanghai.
云朵,砌建着上海。
A blueprint in my heart
我心中一幅蓝图
awaits more brick and tile. I shift toward light.
正等着增砖添瓦。我挪向亮出,
There, a crane flashes for a second. Your letters
那儿,鹤,闪现了一下。你的信
stand in a column of light at the center of the room, preening-
立在室中央一柱阳光中理着羽毛——
yes, no need for amnesty. Perception must be sought
是的,无需特赦。得从小白菜里,
inside bok choy, from pea shoots and winter melons.
从豌豆苗和冬瓜,找出那一个理解来,
Come, switch off obesity and machines-
来关掉肥胖和机器——
I'm deeply
我深深地
drawn by contradictions on your body. Move over to the window.
被你身上的矛盾吸引,移到窗前。
Such a clear April, like light reflected off hard liquor.
四月如此清澈,好似烈酒的反光,
Series of profound proportions shudder in street scenes.
街景颤抖着组合成深奥的比例。
Yes, my screams can't wake reality up. Yet your voice
是的,我喊不醒现实。而你的声音
catches the limits of my sight, I-
追上我的目力所及:“我,
am you! I'm also drifting in this instant.
就是你呀!我也漂在这个时辰里。
The construction site is going to explode. I'm right here
工地上就要爆破了,我在我这边
striking the gong to raise the alarm. Swim over here!
鸣这面锣示警。游过来呀,
Catch this gong, it's everything you've missed.
接住这面锣,它就是你错过了的一切。”
3
3
I pick up a green button, and blow at it.
我拾起地上的绿扣子,吹了吹。
Start to busy myself with life.
开始忙我的事儿。
In the stillness,
静的时候,
a postman passing by the window thinks I'm my portrait- [End Page 69]
窗下经过的邮差以为我是我的肖像;
sometimes I sluggishly sprawl across the table,
有时我趴在桌面昏昏欲睡,
both hands reaching into emptiness, like reaching into a pair of handcuffs.
双手伸进空间,像伸进一付镣铐,
Where, where is our precision?
哪儿,哪儿,是我们的精确呀?
...Green button.
......绿扣子。
1997 赠臧棣