Mother史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

母親翟永明


So many places one cannot reach, my feet ache, Mother. In the ravenous dawn
無力到達的地方太多了,腳在疼痛,母親,妳沒有
you never taught me how to be tinged with ancient sorrows.
教會我在貪婪的朝霞中染上古老的哀愁。我的心只像妳,

My heart your heart, my blood yours, the pool
妳是我的母親,我甚至是妳的血液在黎明流出的
at sunrise where you find your own face, amazed.
血泊中使妳驚訝地看到妳自己,妳使我醒來

You woke me to the noise of the world,
聽到這世界的聲音,妳讓我生下來,妳讓我與不幸構成
gave me birth, twin
這世界的可怕的雙胞胎。多年來,我已記不得今夜的哭聲

to the world’s misfortune.
那使妳受孕的光芒,來得多麼遙遠,多麼可疑,站在生與死
So many years I couldn’t recall this night’s sobbing,
之間,妳的眼睛擁有黑暗而進入腳底的陰影何等沉重

that ray of light which made you pregnant so far off, its beam uncertain
在妳懷抱之中,我曾露出謎底似的笑容,有誰知道
between life and death, your eyes owning the darkness.
妳讓我以童貞方式領悟一切,但我卻無動於衷

How heavy the shadows that pass through our soles,
我把這世界當作處女,難道我對著妳發出的
my smile in your arms an enigma.
爽朗的笑聲沒有燃燒起足夠的夏季嗎?沒有?

Who knows how you led me through everything in innocence;
我被遺棄在世上,只身一人,太陽的光線悲哀地
untouched, I still take the world as virginal.
籠罩著我,當妳俯身世界時是否知道妳遺落了什麼?

Didn’t my bright laughter
歲月把我放在磨子裏,讓我親眼看著自己被碾碎
set summer afire?
呵,母親,當我終於變得沉默,妳是否為之欣喜

Deserted in this world, entirely alone, enfolded
沒有人知道我是怎樣不著邊際地愛妳,這秘密
in sad sunlight, when I bent over the world
來自妳的一部分,我的眼睛像兩個傷口痛苦地望著妳

did I know what I had left? Time ground me in its mill
活著為了活著,我自取滅亡,以對抗亙古已久的愛
until I saw myself as dust.
一塊石頭被拋棄,直到像骨髓一樣風乾,這世界

Oh mother, when at last I’ve grown silent
有了孤兒,使一切祝福暴露無遺,然而誰最清楚
will you rejoice? My love unspoken,
凡在母親手上站過的人,終會因誕生而死去

some part of you bears this secret, my eyes
open wounds, staring through your pain.

Living for the sake of life, I court my own devastation
against primal love, one stone cast aside,

drying like marrow in the wind.
The orphans of this world

utterly reveal all blessings,
but who knows best

how any raised by mother’s hands
will die at last from birth.


添加译本