兩岸魯西西

Both Banks史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔, PKU Poetry Translation Workshop 译


我是昨夜虛弱的路燈舉起的那個人,
That was me last night in the faint light of the streetlamp,
我是粗暴的風向推到晚秋山坡的那個人,
me carried by the storm to the autumn slope of the mountain,
我是撞擊多次的無力的暗礁。
me the hidden reef washed over and over.
倘若你是撇開光明的政治從灌木叢裏拐來,
If you’re politics dragging darkness from the underbrush,
我希望自己是一條河的兩岸。
I’d rather be both banks of a river.

所有無根的萍草在河邊集聚,用數量玩著公正的遊戲,
Rootless duckweed collects by the waterside,
而質量不會過多地成為它們答案的焦點。
playing out the justice of numbers,
倘若你是用沒有受到傳統恩寵的人性的棋子
hardly ever a question of quality.
把我的平等提升到異鄉土壤,
If your chess game’s humane, something new,
我希望自己是一條河,蟄居在我自己身體的兩岸。
then bring me the fairness of foreign lands.
I’d rather be a river, hidden in the banks of my body.


添加译本