The Wooden Prince史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

木偶王子陳滅

from “The Bartók Suite”
選自《巴托克組曲》

In a soundless forest, you roam
徜徉在無聲的森林
more silent than the silent world,
你比無聲的世界更沉默
your unclosed eyes unseeing.
永遠睜開的雙眼從不搜索
Streams glide through clearings,
變幻的原野以流水的聲音
your speech and answer.
替你回答,替你說話

Your life was not kindled
你初生的生命不是由一擊閃電賦予
by lightning, but layer by layer,
而是由持續的塑造、由你自身的忍耐
grew your own body
由一個一個期待的夜晚生成
through long, expectant nights,
完美的木偶來自充滿瑕疵的肉體
not mortal flesh but undying puppet,
活動的堅實源自虛無
from nothing a moving permanence,
源自王子心中生滿如刀的荊棘
its prince’s heart run through by thorns.


公主與你一同起舞
When the princess takes you in her arms
讓你更接近成為一個活人
to dance, you long to wake
直至微弱的體溫消去
before your body cools.
你讓她相信另有一個木質的世界
If only she’d believe,
你就會更接近成為一個活人
the warmth of her touch could give you breath.
在她微溫的手裏
The real prince who made you
製造你的王子絕望無言
lies wordless in despair.
你讓他幾乎成為了人
You almost make him live.


添加译本