木偶王子陳滅

The Wooden Prince史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

選自《巴托克組曲》
from “The Bartók Suite”

徜徉在無聲的森林
In a soundless forest, you roam
你比無聲的世界更沉默
more silent than the silent world,
永遠睜開的雙眼從不搜索
your unclosed eyes unseeing.
變幻的原野以流水的聲音
Streams glide through clearings,
替你回答,替你說話
your speech and answer.

你初生的生命不是由一擊閃電賦予
Your life was not kindled
而是由持續的塑造、由你自身的忍耐
by lightning, but layer by layer,
由一個一個期待的夜晚生成
grew your own body
完美的木偶來自充滿瑕疵的肉體
through long, expectant nights,
活動的堅實源自虛無
not mortal flesh but undying puppet,
源自王子心中生滿如刀的荊棘
from nothing a moving permanence,

its prince’s heart run through by thorns.
公主與你一同起舞

讓你更接近成為一個活人
When the princess takes you in her arms
直至微弱的體溫消去
to dance, you long to wake
你讓她相信另有一個木質的世界
before your body cools.
你就會更接近成為一個活人
If only she’d believe,
在她微溫的手裏
the warmth of her touch could give you breath.
製造你的王子絕望無言
The real prince who made you
你讓他幾乎成為了人
lies wordless in despair.
You almost make him live.


添加译本