Walking. Walking alone in despair.
这是一段绝望的行走。
The massive autumn tiger is roaring above me,
烈日中似有一只
a God in pseudonym.
化名为上帝的巨大的秋老虎
Countless autumn tigers
在我的头顶不住地咆哮,
hide in the numerous motor vehicles on the road,
更多的秋老虎,藏身于
howling from their gas throats
我身边数不清的汽车马达中,
as if in chorus, scolding me, the only creature without gas
也纷纷用它们暴躁的石油之喉,
on the road.
发出了震天的啸声,像是在
I feel guilty, a happy sensation, a thrill of crime.
齐声呵斥我这个公路上唯一一个
Yes, I'm walking on the highway
体内没有石油的物体。
with a weighted backpack on my shoulders and firm steps
这竟让我产生了一种
in the wilderness outside this little town.
犯罪的快感:没错,背着
No bus routes run between the two shopping centers
硕大的双肩包,步履坚定地
and I definitely don't look like a shopper
行走在小镇郊外的旷野上
picking underwear for my distant wife.
两个不通公交车的商场之间,
I'm a suspicious guy with sun burns,
我看上去绝对不像一个
and poison milk powder, bombs, or communism
为远方的妻子四处挑选内衣的
in my backpack.
购物者,我更像是一个可疑的
有色人种,背包里兴许是
My footsteps awaken some other creatures
毒奶粉、炸弹或者共产主义。
on the roadside, who have no gas in their bodies either
突然间,在马路边的荒草中
just like me; grasshoppers. They live a small life
我的脚步唤起了另外一些
in this huge country.
体内没有石油的物体:
They are fantastic country musicians.
那是一群蝗虫,灰头土脑地
Their little wings and back legs make friction
在这个庞大的国度
that takes me back to the rice fields of the Sichuan Basin
过着它们渺小的直翅目生活。
from this gigantic North American prairie.
它们是最棒的乡村乐手,
Come on grasshoppers, sing your little songs
翅膀和后腿稍事摩擦,
before I die from sweating too much.
就足以令我从北美大草原
Put all the autumn tigers
回到四川盆地的稻田。
to sleep and let me walk my way alone.
加油,蝗虫们!在我汗水滴落之前
快用你们的小声音
把所有的秋老虎统统催眠。