Good Bones麦琪·史密斯

好骨架张若轩 译


Life is short, though I keep this from my children.
生命短暂,虽然我对孩子们隐瞒这点。
Life is short, and I've shortened mine
生命短暂,而我已挥霍已身
in a thousand delicious, ill-advised ways,
用了一千种美妙又荒唐的方式
a thousand deliciously ill-advised ways
而这一千种美妙地荒唐的方式
I'll keep from my children. The world is at least
我也会瞒着孩子们。这世界至少
fifty percent terrible, and that's a conservative
百分之五十是可怕的,这还是
estimate, though I keep this from my children.
保守估计,虽然我对孩子们隐瞒这点。
For every bird there is a stone thrown at a bird.
每有一只飞鸟,就有一块石头掷向飞鸟。
For every loved child, a child broken, bagged,
每有一个被爱的孩子,就有一个孩子被打碎,被装袋,
sunk in a lake. Life is short and the world
被沉入湖底。生命短暂而这世界
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
至少一半坏透了,每有一个善良的
stranger, there is one who would break you,
陌生人,就有一个会把你击垮的人
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
虽然我对孩子们隐瞒这点。我正努力
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor
向他们推销这个世界。任何一个称职的房产中介
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
带你穿过一栋真正的烂房子时,都会喋喋不休地
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
谈论它的好骨架:这地方能变得很美,
right? You could make this place beautiful.
对吧?你大可以让这地方变得很美。


添加译本