I empty myself of the names of others. I empty my pockets.
我清空我别的名字。我清空我的口袋。
I empty my shoes and leave them beside the road.
我清空我的鞋子,把它们留在路边。
At night I turn back the clocks;
晚上我把闹钟拨回;
I open the family album and look at myself as a boy.
我打开家庭相册,望着小男孩时的自己。
What good does it do? The hours have done their job.
那有什么用?时间已经尽职。
I say my own name. I say goodbye.
我说我自己的名字。我说再见。
The words follow each other downwind.
词语顺着风声一个个迸出。
I love my wife but send her away.
我爱我的妻子,却把她送走。
My parents rise out of their thrones
我父母从他们的宝座里起身
into the milky rooms of clouds. How can I sing?
走进云朵乳白色的房间。我怎能歌唱?
Time tells me what I am. I change and I am the same.
时间告诉我我是谁。我改变了,而我还是原来的自己。
I empty myself of my life and my life remains.
我清空了我的生活,而我的生活留下来了。