I empty myself of the names of others. I empty my pockets.
除去别人的名字,腾空我自己。腾空我的衣袋
I empty my shoes and leave them beside the road.
腾空我的鞋子,把它们扔在路边
At night I turn back the clocks;
夜晚我把时钟倒拨
I open the family album and look at myself as a boy.
打开家人的相册,看见小时候的我
What good does it do? The hours have done their job.
这有什么益处?都是时间干的好事
I say my own name. I say goodbye.
我喊着自己的名字,再见吧
The words follow each other downwind.
这些词,一个接一个,顺风而来
I love my wife but send her away.
我爱我的妻子,但是我送她去远方
My parents rise out of their thrones
我的父母从座位上复活
into the milky rooms of clouds. How can I sing?
来到朦胧的白色房间。我怎能吟唱?
Time tells me what I am. I change and I am the same.
时间能告诉我,我是何物
I empty myself of my life and my life remains.
我改变着但我还是那同一个
除去生活,腾空自己,我的生活仍将继续