Cemetery Ride比利·柯林斯

墓地骑行流马 译


My new copper-colored bicycle
我的铜色新自行车
is looking pretty fine under a blue sky
在蓝天下看起来相当不错
as I pedal along one of the sandy paths
当我沿着棕榈墓园里
in the Palm Cemetery here in Florida,
一条沙土路骑行,这里位于佛罗里达,

wheeling past the headstones of the Lyons,
经过莱昂斯家、坎贝尔家、
the Campbells, the Dunlaps, and the Davenports,
邓拉普家和达文波特家的墓碑,
Arthur and Ethel, who outlived him by 11 years.
阿瑟和埃塞尔,她比他多活了十一年。
I slow down even more to notice,
我放慢速度,以便看得更清,

but not so much as to fall sideways on the ground.
但也不至于慢到向一侧摔倒在地上。
And here's a guy named Happy Grant
这里有个名叫哈皮·格兰特的家伙,
next to his wife Jean in their endless bed.
紧挨着他的妻子吉恩,在它们无尽的床榻里。
Annie Sue Simms is right there and sounds
安妮·苏·西姆斯就在旁边,听起来

a lot more fun than Theodosia S. Hawley.
比西奥多西娅·S·霍利要有趣得多。
And good afternoon, Emily Polasek,
下午好,艾米莉·波拉塞克,
and to you too, George and Jane Cooper,
你也好,乔治和简·库珀,
facing each other in profile, two sides of a coin.
你们侧脸相对,像一枚硬币的两面。

I wish I could take you all for a ride
我真想把你们都载上
in my wire basket on this glorious April day,
放在我的车筐里,在这个灿烂的四月天,
not a thing as simple as your name, Bill Smith,
但恐怕无法,这辆自行车对你们来说
even trickier than Clarence Augustus Coddington.
可能显得太小,而对你们的姓氏又不够庄重,比尔·史密斯,

更不用说克拉伦斯·奥古斯塔斯·科丁顿了。
Then how about just you, Enid Parker?

Would you like to gather up your voluminous skirts
那么,只要你就好了,伊妮德·帕克?
and ride sidesaddle on the crossbar
你愿意提起你那宽大的裙摆,
and tell me what happened between 1863 and 1931?
侧身坐在我的横梁上,

告诉我1863年到1931年间都发生了什么吗?
I'll even let you ring the silver bell.

But if you're not ready, I can always ask
我甚至会让你来敲响那只银铃。
Mary Brennan to rise from her long sleep
但如果你还没准备好,我总可以问问
beneath the swaying gray beards of Spanish moss
玛丽·布伦南,让她从漫长的睡眠中起身,

从那些垂荡的西班牙苔藓的灰色胡须下,
and ride with me along these halls of the dead

so I can listen to her strange laughter
和我一同骑过这死者的长廊,
as some crows flap overhead in the blue
好让我能听见她奇异的笑声,
and the spokes of my wheels catch the dazzling sun.
当几只乌鸦在蓝天下扑翅飞过,
我的车轮辐条捕捉着耀眼的阳光。


添加译本