自从你永远的消逝之后,每天早上,
Every morning since you disappeared for good,
我都在报纸上读到关于你的消息——
I read about you in the newspaper
就在比分表、天气预报和所有坏新闻旁边。
along with the box scores, the weather, and all the bad news.
有些日子,我被提醒
Some days I am reminded that today
今天你不会邂逅狂热的浪漫,
will not be a wildly romantic time for you,
不必为学业前程而劳心,
nor will you be challenged by educational goals,
在职场上,也无需谨小慎微。
nor will you need to be circumspect at the workplace.
又有一天,我读到你不该错过
Another day, I learn that you should not miss
远行和交友的良机——
an opportunity to travel and make new friends
虽然这两样你从来都不怎么在意。
though you never cared much about either.
我无法想象你会以积极的态度
I can't imagine you ever facing a new problem
面对新的问题,你再也不必强装乐观
with a positive attitude, but you will definitely not
做出那种姿态,在这个三月的星期几。
be doing that, or anything like that, on this weekday in March.
相同星座的人都有希望
And the same goes for the fun
在集体聚会中寻得快乐,
you might have gotten from group activities,
可这份乐趣,也与你没什么关系。
a likelihood attributed to everyone under your sign.
运势提及你的收入或将大幅上涨,
A dramatic rise in income may be a reason
你大可借此犒劳自己,可这般福分
to treat yourself, but that would apply
只属于尚在人世的双鱼座 ——
more to all the Pisces who are still alive,
他们仍在人生长河里沉浮游弋,
still swimming up and down the stream of life
或静栖在垂枝荫凉下的一池静水中。
or suspended in a pool in the shade of an overhanging tree.
但你会欣慰地得知:
But you will be relieved to learn
你再也不必在行动前反复思量,
that you no longer need to reflect carefully before acting,
再也不用多替别人着想,
nor do you have to think more of others,
而且,创作热情再也不会
and never again will creative work take a back seat
为你从未真正有过的世俗责任而让路。
to the business responsibilities that you never really had.
而且今天,或任何一天,
And don't worry today or any day
你都不必再因无法与一众同僚
about problems caused by your unwillingness
理智周旋而徒增烦恼。
to interact rationally with your many associates.
你不再有目标,不再有浪漫,
No more goals for you, no more romance,
不再有金钱、孩子、工作或重任——
no more money or children, jobs or important tasks,
不过话说回来,你生前也从未被这些真正拖累过
but then again, you were never thus encumbered.
所以现在,这一切都交给我吧——
So leave it up to me now
由我来精心规划成功及随之而来的财富,
to plan carefully for success and the wealth it may bring,
由我来珍视身边的心爱之人,
to value the dear ones close to my heart,
由我来接纳所有不期而至的思想启迪
and to welcome any intellectual stimulation that comes my way
尽管听起来,要都在星期二做完这些,也够忙的。
though that sounds like a lot to get done on a Tuesday.
我还不如合上报纸,
I am better off closing the newspaper,
穿上昨天穿过的衣服
putting on the clothes I wore yesterday
——昨天我读到你的财运正在好转,
(when I read that your financial prospects were looking up)
然后骑上我那辆铜色单车,
then pushing off on my copper-colored bicycle
沿着海湾边的滨海公路一路蹬去。
and pedaling along the shore road by the bay.
而你,就保持现在的模样吧,
And you stay just as you are,
穿着你漂亮的蓝色西装躺在那里,
lying there in your beautiful blue suit,
双手交叠在胸前,
your hands crossed on your chest
像一只鸟儿收拢了翅膀——
like the wings of a bird who has flown
它的迁徙之路非同寻常,不向南,也不向北,
in its strange migration not north or south
而是从大地之上笔直飞升,
but straight up from earth
径直刺穿那浩瀚的黄道十二宫。
and pierced the enormous circle of the zodiac.