Horoscopes for the Dead比利·柯林斯

为死者占星流马 译


Every morning since you disappeared for good,
自从你永远的消逝之后,每天早上,
I read about you in the newspaper
我都在报纸上读到关于你的消息——
along with the box scores, the weather, and all the bad news.
就在比分表、天气预报和所有坏新闻旁边。

Some days I am reminded that today
有些日子,我被提醒
will not be a wildly romantic time for you,
今天你不会邂逅狂热的浪漫,
nor will you be challenged by educational goals,
不必为学业前程而劳心,
nor will you need to be circumspect at the workplace.
在职场上,也无需谨小慎微。

Another day, I learn that you should not miss
又有一天,我读到你不该错过
an opportunity to travel and make new friends
远行和交友的良机——
though you never cared much about either.
虽然这两样你从来都不怎么在意。

I can't imagine you ever facing a new problem
我无法想象你会以积极的态度
with a positive attitude, but you will definitely not
面对新的问题,你再也不必强装乐观
be doing that, or anything like that, on this weekday in March.
做出那种姿态,在这个三月的星期几。

And the same goes for the fun
相同星座的人都有希望
you might have gotten from group activities,
在集体聚会中寻得快乐,
a likelihood attributed to everyone under your sign.
可这份乐趣,也与你没什么关系。

A dramatic rise in income may be a reason
运势提及你的收入或将大幅上涨,
to treat yourself, but that would apply
你大可借此犒劳自己,可这般福分
more to all the Pisces who are still alive,
只属于尚在人世的双鱼座 ——
still swimming up and down the stream of life
他们仍在人生长河里沉浮游弋,
or suspended in a pool in the shade of an overhanging tree.
或静栖在垂枝荫凉下的一池静水中。

But you will be relieved to learn
但你会欣慰地得知:
that you no longer need to reflect carefully before acting,
你再也不必在行动前反复思量,
nor do you have to think more of others,
再也不用多替别人着想,
and never again will creative work take a back seat
而且,创作热情再也不会
to the business responsibilities that you never really had.
为你从未真正有过的世俗责任而让路。

And don't worry today or any day
而且今天,或任何一天,
about problems caused by your unwillingness
你都不必再因无法与一众同僚
to interact rationally with your many associates.
理智周旋而徒增烦恼。

No more goals for you, no more romance,
你不再有目标,不再有浪漫,
no more money or children, jobs or important tasks,
不再有金钱、孩子、工作或重任——
but then again, you were never thus encumbered.
不过话说回来,你生前也从未被这些真正拖累过

So leave it up to me now
所以现在,这一切都交给我吧——
to plan carefully for success and the wealth it may bring,
由我来精心规划成功及随之而来的财富,
to value the dear ones close to my heart,
由我来珍视身边的心爱之人,
and to welcome any intellectual stimulation that comes my way
由我来接纳所有不期而至的思想启迪
though that sounds like a lot to get done on a Tuesday.
尽管听起来,要都在星期二做完这些,也够忙的。

I am better off closing the newspaper,
我还不如合上报纸,
putting on the clothes I wore yesterday
穿上昨天穿过的衣服
(when I read that your financial prospects were looking up)
——昨天我读到你的财运正在好转,
then pushing off on my copper-colored bicycle
然后骑上我那辆铜色单车,
and pedaling along the shore road by the bay.
沿着海湾边的滨海公路一路蹬去。

And you stay just as you are,
而你,就保持现在的模样吧,
lying there in your beautiful blue suit,
穿着你漂亮的蓝色西装躺在那里,
your hands crossed on your chest
双手交叠在胸前,
like the wings of a bird who has flown
像一只鸟儿收拢了翅膀——
in its strange migration not north or south
它的迁徙之路非同寻常,不向南,也不向北,
but straight up from earth
而是从大地之上笔直飞升,
and pierced the enormous circle of the zodiac.
径直刺穿那浩瀚的黄道十二宫。


添加译本