那一刻张若轩 译

The Moment玛格丽特·阿特伍德


那一刻,当你历经多年
The moment when, after many years
辛劳,又走过漫长的旅程,
of hard work and a long voyage
终于站在自己房间的中央,
you stand in the centre of your room,

house, half-acre, square mile, island, country,
站在自己的房子、半英亩土地、
knowing at last how you got there,
一平方英里区域、岛屿、国家中央,
and say, I own this,
终于明白自己是如何来到这里,

于是说:这一切归我所有,
is the same moment when the trees unloose

their soft arms from around you,
也就在同一个时刻,树木松开
the birds take back their language,
环抱着你的柔软手臂,
the cliffs fissure and collapse,
鸟儿收回它们的语言,
the air moves back from you like a wave
悬崖裂开、坍塌,
and you can't breathe.
空气像潮水一样从你身边退去

而你无法呼吸。
No, they whisper. You own nothing.

You were a visitor, time after time
不,它们低声说。你一无所有。
climbing the hill, planting the flag, proclaiming.
你只是一个访客。一次又一次,
We never belonged to you.
爬上山坡,插下旗帜,宣布占领。
You never found us.
可我们从来不属于你。
It was always the other way round.
你也从未发现我们。
事情从来都是反过来的。


添加译本