作于本·尼维斯山上刘道沖 译

Sonnet Written upon the Top of Ben Nevis约翰·济慈(A. John Keats)


在尼维斯山顶上,笼罩着烟云,
Read me a lesson, Muse, and speak it loud
缪斯啊,请高声言讲,向我指教!
  Upon the top of Nevis, blind in mist!
我向坑谷中望去,一团氤氲的
I look into the chasms, and a shroud
水汽将其遮蔽,——正如我知道的
  Vapourous doth hide them,--just so much I wist

Mankind do know of hell; I look o'erhead,
人类对地狱的认知;我抬头仰观,
  And there is sullen mist,--even so much
一片愁云惨雾,——又恰似
Mankind can tell of heaven; mist is spread
人类对天堂的描述;云雾覆满了
  Before the earth, beneath me,--even such,
我下方的土地,——正如此,
Even so vague is man's sight of himself!

  Here are the craggy stones beneath my feet,--
人们审视自我也是如此模糊不清!
Thus much I know that, a poor witless elf,
这里我的脚下都是嶙峋的岩石,——
  I tread on them,--that all my eye doth meet
我十分知道自己像个无知的精灵
Is mist and crag, not only on this height,
践足在山石上,——我目力所至
But in the world of thought and mental might!

皆是雾霭与峭壁,不仅是在这高山,
更是在思想与精神的世界面前!


2022.2.13
1838
添加译本