十四行诗 121刘道沖 译

Sonnet 121威廉·莎士比亚


如果未然却被指责为已然,
'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
真的卑贱倒强似被认作卑贱;
When not to be receives reproach of being;
失去了正当的欢愉,那评判
And the just pleasure lost, which is so deemed
并非依我所感而是他人之见:
Not by our feeling, but by others' seeing.

For why should others' false adulterate eyes
凭什么别人虚伪下流的双眼
Give salutation to my sportive blood?
要来打量我躁动澎湃的热血?
Or on my frailties why are frailer spies,
为何更弱者反窥探我的弱点,
Which in their wills count bad what I think good?
凭其淫欲来颠倒我心的善恶?
No, I am that I am, and they that level

At my abuses reckon up their own:
不,我就是我,那帮人细数
I may be straight though they themselves be bevel;
他们自己的罪过来将我衡量:
By their rank thoughts, my deeds must not be shown;
我应该是正直的但他们自己扭曲,
  Unless this general evil they maintain,
在龌龊思想里我的行为岂能显扬;
  All men are bad and in their badness reign.

除非他们尊奉这普遍的邪理,
众人皆恶且他们因恶而无敌。


添加译本