不是马光诸 译

Not HorsesNatalie Shaperd


我喜欢的不是马,它们在现代饲养条件下
What I adore is not horses, with their modern
寿命可以达到25岁。我喜欢的
domestic life span of 25 years. What I adore
是寿命只有一天的虫子,尤其这天还是
is a bug that lives only one day, especially if
一个倒霉的日子,一个火车出轨或者
it’s a terrible day, a day of train derailment or
化学品泄漏或者警察承认伪造现场的日子,
chemical lake or cop admits to cover-up, a day
那时没有人会想别的事情,起码不会
when no one thinks of anything else, least of all
有一秒想那只虫子。我知道虫子的感受,
that bug. I know how it feels, born as I’ve been
因为我生在这个腐烂的时代,就像生在原罪中。
into these rotting times, as into sin. Everybody’s
每个人都很忙,心烦意乱中忘了杀死我,
busy, so distraught they forget to kill me,
但即使这样也不能让我活下去。我并没有
and even that won’t keep me alive. I share
和马住在一起,但有一只小小的狗
my home not with horses, but with a little dog
它在黄昏时和听到跺脚的时候看起来很可怜
who sees poorly at dusk and menaces stumps,
每个雕像都曾经因为它的肌肉遭殃。
makes her muscle known to every statue.
我希望它能有一天能够听懂人话,
I wish she could have a single day of language,
这样我或许可以让她安心,不要害怕——
so that I might reassure her don’t be afraid?—
我们的整个世界已经死了,它再也伤不到你。
our whole world is dead and so can do you no harm.


添加译本