I Died For BeautyEMILY DICKINSON

我为美而死雨打萍 译


I died for beauty, but was scarce
我为美而死,嫌理据不足
Adjusted in the tomb,
在黄泉下又有所修补
When one who died for truth was lain
因为有为真理而死的——
In an adjoining room.
他就在我隔壁的屋

He questioned softly why I failed?
他轻声问我的死因
“For beauty,” I replied.
“为了美”——我的答复
“And I for truth, -the two are one;
“我为真理,殊途同归,
We brethren are,” he said.
我们似兄弟”——他的陈述。

And so, as kinsmen met a night,
夜晚如此相遇,情同手足
We talked between the rooms,
我们在屋中彼此倾诉
Until the moss had reached our lips,
直至嘴唇上长出苔丝
And covered up our names.
把我们的姓名遮住


添加译本