Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望这些星辰,我知道得非常清晰
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
为了所有它们挂念的,我能下到地狱,
But on earth indifference is the least
但在至少可说是冷漠的地球。
We have to dread from man or beast.
我们不得不惧怕人,或是野兽。
How should we like it were stars to burn
我们如何像那群星燃烧
With a passion for us we could not return?
带着为我们的激情我们所无以回报?
If equal affection cannot be,
情义相称如若
Let the more loving one be me.
不能,让我做那爱得更多的一个。
Admirer as I think I am
正如我所想,我是那些
Of stars that do not give a damn,
压根不在乎的星辰的仰慕者。
I cannot, now I see them, say
我不能,现在看着它们,
I missed one terribly all day.
说我整天疯狂地想念一个人。
Were all stars to disappear or die,
如果全部星辰都消失,或死去,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我应学会去看一个空无的天际
And feel its total dark sublime,
感知它全然黑暗的庄严,
Though this might take me a little time.
哪怕这会需要我花一点时间。