Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望那些星辰,我很清楚
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
为了它们的眷顾,我可以走向地狱,
But on earth indifference is the least
但在这冷漠的大地上
We have to dread from man or beast.
我们不得不对人或兽怀着恐惧。
How should we like it were stars to burn
我们如何指望群星为我们燃烧
With a passion for us we could not return?
带着那我们不能回报的激情?
If equal affection cannot be,
如果爱不能相等,
Let the more loving one be me.
让我成为爱的更多的一个。
Admirer as I think I am
我想我正是那些毫不在意的
Of stars that do not give a damn,
星辰的爱慕者,
I cannot, now I see them, say
我不能,此刻看着它们,说
I missed one terribly all day.
我整天都在思念一个人。
Were all stars to disappear or die,
如果所有的星辰都消失或死去,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我得学会去看一个空洞的天空
And feel its total dark sublime,
并感受它绝对黑暗的庄严,
Though this might take me a little time.
尽管这得使我先适应一会儿。