The More Loving One威斯坦·休·奥登

爱得更多黄灿然 译


Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
抬头望星星,我很清楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
若它们愿意,我可以下地狱,
But on earth indifference is the least
但在尘世上冷漠是人类或野兽
We have to dread from man or beast.
最不令我们感到可怕的东西。

How should we like it were stars to burn
要是星星用我们不能回报的激情
With a passion for us we could not return?
为我们燃烧,我们有何话说?
If equal affection cannot be,
如果感情不能平等,
Let the more loving one be me.
让那爱得更多的是我。

Admirer as I think I am
虽然我常觉得我
Of stars that do not give a damn,
是星星的仰慕者,它们并不在乎;
I cannot, now I see them, say
不过现在看到它们,我也不能说
I missed one terribly all day.
我整天把一颗想得好苦。

Were all stars to disappear or die,
要是所有星星都殒落或失踪,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我将学会眺望一个虚无的天空
And feel its total dark sublime,
并感到它那全然黑暗的庄严,
Though this might take me a little time.
虽然这可能要花我一点儿时间。


添加译本