在我拥有你之前
When I didn’t have you
我爱自然犹如平静的僧侣爱基督。
I loved Nature like a calm monk loves Christ...
现在我爱自然
Now I love Nature
犹如平静的僧侣爱圣母玛利亚,
Like a calm monk loves the Virgin Mary,
虔诚地(以我的方式),像从前,
Religiously, in my way, like before,
但以一种更加衷心而隐秘的方式。
But in another way more moving and nearer.
当我同你一起穿过原野走向河岸,
I see the rivers better when I go with you
我能更好地看见河流。
Through the fields to the riversides;
当我挨着你坐着,并观望云朵
Sitting at your side looking at clouds
我能更加清晰地看见它们。
I look at them better...
你没有从我这里拿走自然,
You didn’t take me from Nature...
你改变了自然。
You didn’t change Nature for me...
你把自然移得更近。
You brought Nature right next to me.
因为你存在,我能更好地看它,尽管和从前一样。
Because you exist I see it better, but the same,
因为你爱我,我爱它,都是以同样的方式而且更多。
Because you love me, I love it the same, but more,
因为你选择我去拥有你去爱你
Because you chose me to have you and love you,
我的目光凝视着它甚于凝视任何东西。
My eyes stare at everything more lingeringly.
我不后悔我从前是什么,因为我仍是本来的我。
I don’t regret anything I used to be
Because I’m still the same.
I only regret not having loved you.
Put your hands in mine
And let’s keep quiet, surrounded by life.