When I didn’t have you
当我未曾拥有你的时候,
I loved Nature like a calm monk loves Christ...
我爱这自然就像平和的僧侣爱着基督……
Now I love Nature
如今,我爱这自然
Like a calm monk loves the Virgin Mary,
就像平和的僧侣爱着圣母,
Religiously, in my way, like before,
虔诚,自我,一如既往,
But in another way more moving and nearer.
而更亲密更感人肺腑。
I see the rivers better when I go with you
当我与你走过田野来到河边
Through the fields to the riversides;
我把这河水看得更清楚;
Sitting at your side looking at clouds
当我坐在你身边,注视着云朵,
I look at them better...
我把这云朵看得更清楚……
You didn’t take me from Nature...
你没有夺走我的自然……
You didn’t change Nature for me...
你没有改变我的自然……
You brought Nature right next to me.
你把自然送到我身边。
Because you exist I see it better, but the same,
因为你的存在,我把它看得更清楚,而它依然是它,
Because you love me, I love it the same, but more,
因为你爱我,我也同样地爱它,而更一往情深,
Because you chose me to have you and love you,
因为你选择让我爱你让我拥有你,
My eyes stare at everything more lingeringly.
因此,我的眼眸曾长久地凝视着它
I don’t regret anything I used to be
而无视所有的一切。
Because I’m still the same.
I only regret not having loved you.
我不后悔从前的我,
Put your hands in mine
因为今天我依然故我。
And let’s keep quiet, surrounded by life.
只后悔没有早点爱上你。