草地里的两个声音舒丹丹 译

TWO VOICES IN A MEADOW理查德·威尔伯


乳草
A Milkweed

像天使一样无名
Anonymous as cherubs
飞翔在上帝的摇篮上,
Over the crib of God,
白色的种籽漂浮
White seeds are floating
自我爆裂的荚壳。
Out of my burst pod.
在我学会屈服之前
What power had I
我有什么力量?
Before I learned to yield?
吹散我,大风:
Shatter me, great wind:
我将拥有田野。
I shall possess the field

石头
A Stone

像牛粪一样偶然
As casual as cow-dung
遗落在上帝的牛棚下,
Under the crib of God,
我躺在命运拥有我的地方,
I lie where chance would have me,
直到耳根埋进土壤。
Up to the ears in sod.
我为什么要挪动?挪动
Why should I move? To move
源于轻薄的愿望。
Befits a light desire.
天堂的基石将会坍塌,
The sill of heaven would founder,
假如我如此渴望。
Did such as I aspire.


添加译本