拉撒路夫人彭予 译

Lady Lazarus西尔维娅·普拉斯


我又尝试了一次,
I have done it again.
我十年
One year in every ten
尝试一次————
I manage it——

一种神通广大的奇迹,我的皮肤
A sort of walking miracle, my skin
发亮,象纳粹的灯罩,
Bright as a Nazi lampshade,
我的右脚
My right foot

是一块镇纸,
A paperweight,
我的脸没有五官,一块
My face a featureless, fine
上等犹太亚麻布,
Jew linen.

揭开那条餐巾
Peel off the napkin
哦,我的敌人
O my enemy.
我可怕吗?————
Do I terrify?——

鼻子,眼洞,两排牙齿?
The nose, the eye pits, the full set of teeth?
酸臭的气味
The sour breath
会在一天之内消失,
Will vanish in a day.

被墓穴吞吃的
Soon, soon the flesh
肉体会很快回到
The grave cave ate will be
我身上,很快;
At home on me

我是一个笑容可掬的女人,
And I a smiling woman.
我仅仅三十岁,
I am only thirty.
我象猫一样有九条性命,
And like the cat I have nine times to die.

这是第三条
This is Number Three.
每十年就要消灭
What a trash
一个废物!
To annihilate each decade.

一百万根纤维!
What a million filaments.
一群人嚼着花生
The peanut-crunching crowd
挤进来看
Shoves in to see

他们剥光我的手和脚————
Them unwrap me hand and foot——
一次盛大的脱衣舞会,
The big strip tease.
先生们,女士们,
Gentlemen, ladies

这是我的手,
These are my hands
我的膝,
My knees.
我也许瘦得只剩下一把骨头,
I may be skin and bone,

但我还是原来的那个女人,同一个女人,
Nevertheless, I am the same, identical woman.
第一次发生在十岁,
The first time it happened I was ten.
那是一次意外,
It was an accident.

第二次是我有意
The second time I meant
要干出个明堂,根本不愿回头,
To last it out and not come back at all.
我摇晃着,紧闭着,
I rocked shut

象一枚海贝,
As a seashell.
他们呼呀唤呀,
They had to call and call
把我身上的虫挑出象挑粘粘的珍珠,
And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls.

Dying
是一种艺术,象一切其他的东西。
Is an art, like everything else.
我干这个非常在行,
I do it exceptionally well.

我这样干使自己感到死是地狱,
I do it so it feels like hell.
我这样干使自己感到真死,
I do it so it feels real.
我猜想你们会说我身负某种使命,
I guess you could say I’ve a call.

在小屋里死特别容易。
It’s easy enough to do it in a cell.
死特别容易,一动不动,
It’s easy enough to do it and stay put.
这是在光天化日之下
It’s the theatrical

戏剧性的归来,
Comeback in broad day
回到原来的地方,回来那张脸,原来残忍的
To the same place, the same face, the same brute
有趣的叫喊:
Amused shout:

"一个奇迹!"
‘A miracle!’
他打垮了我。
That knocks me out.
人们冲过来
There is a charge

为了看我脸上的伤疤,人们冲过来
For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge
为了听我的心跳————
For the hearing of my heart——
它真的去了,
It really goes.

人们冲过来,很多人冲过来,
And there is a charge, a very large charge
为了说句话或摸一摸
For a word or a touch
或几滴血
Or a bit of blood

或我的一根头发或我的衣服,
Or a piece of my hair or my clothes.
也好,医生先生,
So, so, Herr Doktor.
也好,敌人先生,
So, Herr Enemy.

我是你的作品,
I am your opus,
我是你宝贵的,
I am your valuable,
溶化为一声尖叫的
The pure gold baby

纯金的婴儿,
That melts to a shriek.
我扭动着,燃烧着,
I turn and burn.
别以为我低估了你无微不至的关怀,
Do not think I underestimate your great concern.

灰烬,灰烬————
Ash, ash—
你戳着,拨着,
You poke and stir.
肉,骨头,无踪无影————
Flesh, bone, there is nothing there——

一块肥皂,
A cake of soap,
一只结婚戒指,
A wedding ring,
一种金的填塞物,
A gold filling.

上帝先生,魔鬼先生,
Herr God, Herr Lucifer
当心
Beware
当心,
Beware.

我披着一头红发
Out of the ash
从灰烬中升起,
I rise with my red hair
象呼吸空气一样吃人,
And I eat men like air.


添加译本