爱的更多的一个佚名 译

The More Loving OneW. H. Auden


仰望那些星辰,我很清楚
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
为了它们的眷顾,我可以走向地狱,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
但在这冷漠的大地上
But on earth indifference is the least
我们不得不对人或兽怀着恐惧。
We have to dread from man or beast.

我们如何指望群星为我们燃烧
How should we like it were stars to burn
带着那我们不能回报的激情?
With a passion for us we could not return?
如果爱不能相等,
If equal affection cannot be,
让我成为爱的更多的一个。
Let the more loving one be me.

我想我正是那些毫不在意的
Admirer as I think I am
星辰的爱慕者,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
我不能,此刻看着它们,说
I cannot, now I see them, say
我整天都在思念一个人。
I missed one terribly all day.

如果所有的星辰都消失或死去,
Were all stars to disappear or die,
我得学会去看一个空洞的天空
I should learn to look at an empty sky
并感受它绝对黑暗的庄严,
And feel its total dark sublime,
尽管这得使我先适应一会儿。
Though this might take me a little time.


添加译本