have gone out, a possessed witch,
她出来了,一个疯魔的女巫,
haunting the black air, braver at night;
暗夜里充盈胆气,黑空气中徘徊不休;
dreaming evil, I have done my hitch
梦想着做恶,我已经在所有普通人家之上,
over the plain houses, light by light:
打了绳节,一盏灯接着一盏灯:
lonely thing, twelve-fingered, out of mind.
孤独的它,长着十二只手指,完全癫狂。
A woman like that is not a woman, quite.
一个那样的女人不大算是女人,
I have been her kind.
我一向是她同类。
I have found the warm caves in the woods,
filled them with skillets, carvings, shelves,
我已经在密林里找到暖和的洞穴,
closets, silks, innumerable goods;
把它们用平底锅,用木雕和架子,用衣橱和丝绸,
fixed the suppers for the worms and the elves:
用数不清的家什填满:
whining, rearranging the disaligned.
为蠕虫和地精准备晚餐:
A woman like that is misunderstood.
哭喊着,重新收拾烂摊子。
I have been her kind.
一个那样的女人会被误解,
I have ridden in your cart, driver,
我一向是她同类。
waved my nude arms at villages going by,
learning the last bright routes, survivor
我坐在你的车中,赶车人,
where your flames still bite my thigh
向沿途的村庄挥舞我的裸臂。
and my ribs crack where your wheels wind.
我知道这是最后的光明之路,幸存者
A woman like that is not ashamed to die.
在这路上你的火焰仍然咬在我大腿上,
I have been her kind.
你的车轮旋转,我的肋骨碾碎。
一个那样的女人从不羞愧于死亡。
我一向是她同类。