刚才我生出一个闪念:
I HAD this thought a while ago,
“这茫茫世界充满苦难,
"My darling cannot understand
我的爱人无法理解,
What I have done, or what would do
我的所作所为,我的打算。”
In this blind bitter land.'
于是太阳变得让我厌烦,
And I grew weary of the sun
直到我的思绪不再零乱,
Until my thoughts cleared up again,
记起我做得最漂亮的事情,
Remembering that the best I have done
就是表白了我的爱恋。
Was done to make it plain;
记得我年年都在高喊,
That every year I have cried, "At length
爱人终于明白了我的心愿,
My darling understands it all,
因为我已尽了努力,
Because I have come into my strength,
用文字传达了我的呼唤。
And words obey my call';
只要她真的懂得我的情感,
That had she done so who can say
谁还会追究什么疏漏缺憾?
What would have shaken from the sieve?
那我就会抛弃可怜的文字,
I might have thrown poor words away
心满意足活在人间。
And been content to live.