透过绿色引信催生花卉的力量余光中 译

The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas


透过绿色引信催生花卉的力量
The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
催生了我的青春;而摧残树根的
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
也毁灭我的生命。
Is my destroyer.
我的哑口也不能告诉歪曲的玫瑰
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
说我的青春也同样被冬之高烧压弯
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.

催流水穿过岩石的力量
The force that drives the water through the rocks
也催动我的红血;它吸干滔滔流水
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
也将我的血变成了蜡。
Turns mine to wax.
我哑口无言对我的血管
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
说相同的山泉被嘴吸干。
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.

把溏中之水搅成漩涡的手
The hand that whirls the water in the pool
也搅动着流沙;系住狂风的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
也挽住了我寿衣之帆。
Hauls my shroud sail.
我哑口不能告诉上吊的人
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
说我的肉身是吊刑吏的圈套所造成
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.

时间之唇如水蛭吸着泉源
The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
爱滴水而聚,但血滴下
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
却能平复她的伤口
Shall calm her sores.
我哑口,不能告诉风信鸡之风
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
时间如何绕着星空滴答着天堂
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.

我哑口,不能告诉情人的坟墓
And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我的尸布上也爬着狡诈的毛虫
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm


添加译本