通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力
The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
也催动我的绿色年华;使树根枯死的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
也是我的毁灭者。
Is my destroyer.
我也无言可告佝偻的玫瑰
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我的青春也为同样的寒冬热病所压弯。
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
催动着水穿透岩石的力
The force that drives the water through the rocks
也催动我红色的血液;使喧哗的水流干涸的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
也使我的血液凝结。
Turns mine to wax.
我也无言可告我的血管
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
在高山的水泉也是同一张嘴在嘬吸。
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
搅动池塘里的水的那只手
The hand that whirls the water in the pool
也搅动流沙;拉着风前进的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
也拖曳着我的衾布船帆。
Hauls my shroud sail.
我也无言可告那绞死的人
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
绞刑吏的石灰是用我的泥土制成。
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
时间的嘴唇像水蛭紧贴泉源;
The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
爱情滴下又积聚,但是流下血液
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
一定会抚慰她的伤痛。
Shall calm her sores.
我也无言可告一个天气的风
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
时间已经在群星的周围记下一个天堂。
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
我也无言可告情人的墓穴
And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我的衾枕上也爬动着同样的蛆虫。
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm