All that I owe the fellows of the grave
我对墓穴里的那些家伙所有的亏欠
And all the dead bequeathed from pale estates
和由苍白财产遗赠的全部死者
Lies in the fortuned bone, the flask of blood,
存放在好运的骨头,盛血的烧瓶里,
Like senna stirs along the ravaged roots.
像山扁豆叶一样沿着残败的根茎轻微地骚动。
O all I owe is all the flesh inherits,
噢,我所亏欠的有我遗传到的肉体,
My fathers' loves that pull upon my nerves,
拉扯我神经的我父亲的爱,
My sisters tears that sing upon my head
在我头上唱歌的我姊妹的泪
My brothers' blood that salts my open wounds
给我伤口添盐的我兄弟的血
Heir to the scalding veins that hold love's drop,
我是装着爱的水滴的滚烫血管的继承人,
My fallen filled, that had the hint of death,
我憔悴的血管装满了,带有死亡的迹像,
Heir to the telling senses that alone
我是敏锐感官的继承人,只这感官便令肉体
Acquaint the flesh with a remembered itch,
熟悉了一种不会忘记的麻痒,
I round this heritage as rounds the sun
我围着这遗产绕行犹如太阳围着他那
His winy sky, and , as the candles moon,
有酒味的天空绕行一样,而月亮就像蜡烛
Cast light upon my weather. I am heir
照亮了我的气候。我是那些妇人
To women who have twisted their last smile,
的继承人,她们已挤出了最后的笑容,
To children who were suckled on a plague,
我是那些用一场瘟疫喂大的孩子们的继承人,
To young adorers dying on a kiss.
我是那些在激吻中垂死的年轻崇拜者的继承人。
All such disease I doctor in my blood,
所有这样的疾病我在我的血液中医治,
And all such love's a shrub sown in the breath.
而所有这样的爱是在呼吸中播种出来的灌木。
Then look, my eyes, upon this bonehead fortune
那就看看吧,我的眼睛,看着这迟钝的财富
And browse upon the postures of the dead;
随便看下死者的种种姿势;
All night and day I eye the ragged globe
日夜不停我从坟墓里透过向右的潜望镜
Through periscopes rightsighted from the grave;
观察衣衫褴褛的地球;
All night and day I wander in these same
日夜不停我穿着这些在老化的肋骨上
Wax clothes that wax upon the ageing ribs;
滋蔓的相同的蜡衣漫步;
All night my fortune slumbers in its sheet.
一整夜我的财富卷着被单安睡。
Then look, my heart, upon the scarlet trove,
那就看看吧,我的眼睛,看着这鲜红的珍藏物,
And look, my grain, upon the falling wheat;
也看看吧,我的谷粒,看着这下垂的麦子;
All night my fortune slumbers in its sheet.
一整夜我的财富卷着被单安睡。