The Winter Palace菲利普·拉金

冬日宫殿sayonly 译


Most people know more as they get older:
多数人越老就懂得越多,
I give all that the cold shoulder.
我给所有那样的一个呵呵。

I spent my second quarter-century
我花了再1/4世纪,
Losing what I had learnt at university
忘记大学学到的东西。

And refusing to take in what had happened since.
拒绝过往发生的事,
Now I know none of the names in the public prints,
现在从不公开发表我的名字。

And am starting to give offence by forgetting faces
开始忘记面孔去冒犯,
And swearing I’ve never been in certain places.
还强调从未去过某地的誓言。

It will be worth it, if in the end I manage
这是值得的,
To blank out whatever it is that is doing the damage.
如果最终消除我伤害的。

Then there will be nothing I know.
那么没有什么我会懂得,
My mind will fold into itself, like fields, like snow.
我的心会将自己皱褶,像田野,像雪。


添加译本