多数人越老就懂得越多,
Most people know more as they get older:
我给所有那样的一个呵呵。
I give all that the cold shoulder.
我花了再1/4世纪,
I spent my second quarter-century
忘记大学学到的东西。
Losing what I had learnt at university
拒绝过往发生的事,
And refusing to take in what had happened since.
现在从不公开发表我的名字。
Now I know none of the names in the public prints,
开始忘记面孔去冒犯,
And am starting to give offence by forgetting faces
还强调从未去过某地的誓言。
And swearing I’ve never been in certain places.
这是值得的,
It will be worth it, if in the end I manage
如果最终消除我伤害的。
To blank out whatever it is that is doing the damage.
那么没有什么我会懂得,
Then there will be nothing I know.
我的心会将自己皱褶,像田野,像雪。
My mind will fold into itself, like fields, like snow.