In The Dark Wood威廉·华兹华斯

在我们行程的中途杨毅德 译


Midway upon the journey of our life 
我发现自己在黑森林中间, 
I found myself within a forest dark, 
迷失了向前的正路。 
For the straightforward pathway had been lost. 
啊呀!那真是难以形容 
Ah me! How hard a thing it is to say 
这森林是那么蛮荒,艰险,可怖, 
What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, 
一想到就使我害怕。 
Which in the very thought renewed my fear. 
那样的难受,比死好不了多少; 
So bitter is it, death is little more: 
不过,叙述我在那里所看到的, 
But of the good to treat, which there I found, 
另外的事也会有些好处。 
Speak will I of the other things I saw there. 
我不清楚记得怎地进到那里。 
I cannot well repeat how there I entered, 
因为当时我十分困倦, 
So full was I of slumber at the moment 
以至于失去了正路。 
In which I had abandoned the true way. 
但我到了一个山脚之后, 
But after I had reached a mountain's foot, 
山谷就终止于此, 
At that point where the valley terminated, 
所受的惊恐刺破我的心, 
Which had with consternation pierced my heart, 
向上望去,我看到了山肩, 
Upward I looked, and I beheld its shoulders, 
已经在那星光之下, 
Vested already with the planet's rays 
照引着每条道路。 
Which leadeth others right by every road. 
我的心湖稍微平静了些 
Then was the fear a little quieted 
忍受着整夜的惧怕 
That in my heart's lake had endured throughout 
我那么凄惨的经过, 
The night, which I passed so piteously, 
就像人喘息挣扎着, 
And even as he, who, with distressful breath, 
从海里爬上了岸, 
Forth issued from the sea upon the shore, 
回望那危险的波浪, 
Turns to the water perilous and gazes, 
我的灵魂,仍然向上飞翔, 
So did my soul, that still was fleeing onward, 
回顾所经过的 
Turn itself back to re-behold the pass 
从没有活人如此经历。
Which never yet a living person left.


添加译本