袁可嘉 译

A Dream威廉·布莱克


有一回幻梦织了一片树荫
Once a dream did weave a shade,
罩在我那天使守护的床顶,
O'er my angel-guarded bed,
我想我准是躺在草地,
That an emmet lost its way
看见一只迷路的蚂蚁。
Where on grass methought I lay.

困惑、孤独、又苦恼,
Troubled, wildered and forlorn,
黑夜茫茫,也走得疲劳,
Dark, benighted, travel-worn,
多少纵横交错的草蔓上
Over many a tangled spray.
我听她哭得真心伤。
All heart-broke I heard her say:

“我的孩子啊!他们在哭泣?
'Oh, my children, do they cry?
他们可听见他们天父叹息?
Do they hear their father sigh?
忽儿他们到外面探望,
Now they look abroad to see,
忽儿又回去,为我而泪水汪汪。”
Now return and weep for me.'

我流下一滴泪,替她可怜,
Pitying, I dropped a tear;
但瞧见萤火虫就在身边,
But I saw a glow-worm near,
他答道:“是哪个好哭鬼,
Who replied, 'What wailing wight
把我这守夜人唤来?
Calls the watchman of the night?

“我就要照亮这块地面,
'I am set to light the ground,
这儿甲虫要漫游一遍;
While the beetle goes his round.
你且跟着甲虫的嗡嗡,
Follow now the beetle's hum;
小流浪者,快快转回家中。”
Little wanderer, hie thee home.'


添加译本