Piping down the valleys wild,
吹着笛儿,我走下野谷,
Piping songs of pleasant glee,
欢乐的笛声随风轻飘。
On a cloud I saw a child
我看见云彩上有个小孩,
And he laughing said to me:
孩子他笑着,向我说道:
'Pipe a song about a lamb.'
“吹个歌唱小羊羔的歌!”
So I piped with merry cheer;
我兴高采烈地吹了一曲。
'Piper, pipe that song again.'
“再吹,再吹一次那歌儿!”
So I piped; he wept to hear.
我又吹时他淌下了泪滴。
'Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;
“放下笛儿,那快乐的笛儿,
Sing thy songs of happy cheer.'
唱吧,唱唱那快乐的小曲。”
So I sung the same again,
于是我就唱,唱那首歌,
While he wept with joy to hear.
他听着,淌下了喜悦的泪滴。
'Piper, sit thee down and write
“吹笛的人,坐下来写吧,
In a book that all may read.'
写成一本书,大家都能看。”
So he vanished from my sight:
他刚说完,便隐去了形象,
And I plucked a hollow reed,
我折下一根空心的芦管。
And I made a rural pen,
做出来一支土造水笔,
And I stained the water clear,
在笔中注满清清河水,
And I wrote my happy songs
我用它写下快乐的歌谣,
Every child may joy to hear.
孩子们都能高兴地听到。