序诗袁可嘉 译

Introduction to the Songs of Innocence威廉·布莱克


我吹着牧笛从荒谷下来,
Piping down the valleys wild,
我吹出欢乐的曲调,
Piping songs of pleasant glee,
我看见云端上一个小孩,
On a cloud I saw a child
他笑着对我说道:
And he laughing said to me:

“吹一支羔羊的歌曲!”
'Pipe a song about a lamb.'
我就快活地吹了起来。
So I piped with merry cheer;
“吹笛人,再吹吹那支曲,”
'Piper, pipe that song again.'
我再吹,他听着流下泪来。
So I piped; he wept to hear.

“放下那笛子,欢乐的笛子,
'Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;
把你那快乐的歌儿唱一唱;"
Sing thy songs of happy cheer.'
我把那支歌唱上一次,
So I sung the same again,
他听着,快活得泪儿汪汪。
While he wept with joy to hear.

“吹笛人,坐下来写成一本诗,
'Piper, sit thee down and write
好让大伙儿都能读到。”
In a book that all may read.'
他说完就从我眼前消逝,
So he vanished from my sight:
我拿起一根空心的芦草,
And I plucked a hollow reed,

用它做成土气的笔一支,
And I made a rural pen,
把它蘸在清清的水里,
And I stained the water clear,
写下那些快乐的歌子,
And I wrote my happy songs
让个个小孩听得欢喜。
Every child may joy to hear.


添加译本