多么愉快我在田野间遨游!
How sweet I roamed from field to field.
我赏尽了夏天的一切光彩,
And tasted all the summer's pride.
直到我和爱的王子邂逅,
Till I the Prince of Love beheld
他在太阳的晴晖中飘来。
Who in the sunny beams did glide.
他把百合花插在我的发边,
He showed me lilies for my hair.
把羞红的玫瑰往我额上戴,
And blushing roses for my brow;
他引我进他那美丽的花园,
He led me through his gardens fair
那里一切黄金的欢乐正盛开。
Where all his golden pleasure grow.
我的翅膀给五月的香露打湿,
With sweet May-dews my wings were wet.
太阳燃起了我歌唱的怒火,
And Phoebus fired my vocal rage;
他把我捉到丝织的网里,
He caught me in his silken net,
把我在黄金的笼里关锁。
And shut me in his golden cage.
他喜欢坐着听我歌唱,
He loves to sit and hear me sing,
然后笑哈哈地跟我嬉游,
Then, laughing, sports and plays with me.
然后张开我黄金的翅膀,
Then stretches out my golden wing,
嘲弄着我丧失了的自由。
And mocks my loss of liberty.