天真之歌序曲梁宗岱 译

Introduction to the Songs of Innocence威廉·布莱克


吹着笛子走下荒谷,
Piping down the valleys wild,
吹着许多快乐之歌,
Piping songs of pleasant glee,
在云端看见一小孩,
On a cloud I saw a child
他笑哈哈地对我说:
And he laughing said to me:

“吹一支绵羊的歌吧!”
'Pipe a song about a lamb.'
于是我喜洋洋地吹。
So I piped with merry cheer;
“吹笛人,再吹一回吧!”
'Piper, pipe that song again.'
我再吹,他听到流泪。
So I piped; he wept to hear.

“放下你快乐的笛子,
'Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;
唱唱你这快乐的歌!”
Sing thy songs of happy cheer.'
于是我把它唱一遍,
So I sung the same again,
他快乐到哭着听我。
While he wept with joy to hear.

“吹笛人,坐下写出来,
'Piper, sit thee down and write
让大家都把它学会。”
In a book that all may read.'
说完他忽然不见了。
So he vanished from my sight:
于是折了一根芦苇,
And I plucked a hollow reed,

我造成了一枝土笔,
And I made a rural pen,
然后蘸着一些清水,
And I stained the water clear,
写下这些快乐的歌,
And I wrote my happy songs
让小孩听了都欢喜。
Every child may joy to hear.


添加译本