你不美,准确地说。
You are not beautiful, exactly.
你美,不准确地说。
You are beautiful, inexactly.
你让一株杂草长在桑树旁,
You let a weed grow by the mulberry
一棵桑树长在房子边。
And a mulberry grow by the house.
那么近,在一个有风之夜的
So close, in the personal quiet
私人寂静中,它刷着屋墙,
Of a windy night, it brushes the wall
扫除白昼,直到我们入睡。
And sweeps away the day till we sleep.
一个孩子说的,似乎很对:
A child said it, and it seemed true:
“失去的东西一律平等。”
"Things that are lost are all equal."
可是并不对。假如我失去你,
But it isn't true. If I lost you,
空气就不会动,树也不会长。
The air wouldn't move, nor the tree grow.
有人会拔那杂草,我的花儿。
Someone would pull the weed, my flower.
那寂静将不属于你。假如我失去你,
The quiet wouldn't be yours. If I lost you,
我就得恳求那草让我入睡。
I'd have to ask the grass to let me sleep.