And although I am a poet, I am not the bullet;
虽说我是一个诗人,我并不是一发子弹;
I will not heat-search the soft points.
我并不通过热寻的攻击人体软弱部分。
I am not the coroner who will graze her hand
我不是一个验尸官让她的手
over naked knees. Who will swish her fingers
抚过赤裸的膝。没有让她的手指
in the mouth. Who will flip the body over, her eye a hook
快速掠过口腔。没有将尸体翻面,
fishing for government-issued lead.
眼睛像钩子般找寻政府登记的铅弹。
I am not the sidewalk, which is unsurprised
我不是一条人行道,不会在另一个面颊
as another cheek scrapes harsh against it.
粗暴摩擦它时无动于衷。
Although I too enjoy soft palms on me;
虽然我也会享受身体上柔软的手掌;
enjoy when he rests on my body with a hard breath;
享受他伏在我身上时强劲的呼吸;
I have clasped
this man inside me and released him again and again,
我已经把这个男人
listening to him die thousands of little deaths.
拥进我的身体又一次一次地放开他
听他经历千万次微小的死亡。
What is a good metaphor for a woman who loves in a time like this?
如何比喻一个沉浸在爱中的女人的这个瞬间呢?
I am no scalpel or high thread count sheet. Not a gavel, or hand-painted teacup.
I am neither nor romanced by the streetlamp nor candlelight;
我不是手术刀也不是高级床单。不是法官槌,也不是
my hands are not an iron, but look, they’re hot, look
手绘茶杯。
how I place them in love on his skin
我也不是因为街灯或烛光而情欲勃发;
and am still able to unwrinkle his spine.
我的手并不是一个烙铁,但看啊,它们是滚烫的,看
当我沉浸在爱中,如何把它们,放在他的肌肤之上
同时又可以烙平
他的脊梁。