The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas

透过绿色引信催生花卉的力量余光中 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
透过绿色引信催生花卉的力量
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催生了我的青春;而摧残树根的
Is my destroyer.
也毁灭我的生命。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我的哑口也不能告诉歪曲的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
说我的青春也同样被冬之高烧压弯

The force that drives the water through the rocks
催流水穿过岩石的力量
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
也催动我的红血;它吸干滔滔流水
Turns mine to wax.
也将我的血变成了蜡。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我哑口无言对我的血管
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
说相同的山泉被嘴吸干。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
把溏中之水搅成漩涡的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
也搅动着流沙;系住狂风的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
也挽住了我寿衣之帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我哑口不能告诉上吊的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
说我的肉身是吊刑吏的圈套所造成

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间之唇如水蛭吸着泉源
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱滴水而聚,但血滴下
Shall calm her sores.
却能平复她的伤口
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我哑口,不能告诉风信鸡之风
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时间如何绕着星空滴答着天堂

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我哑口,不能告诉情人的坟墓
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
我的尸布上也爬着狡诈的毛虫


添加译本