The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas

通过绿茎导火索催开花朵的力屠岸 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
通过绿茎导火索催开花朵的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催开我的青绿年华;摧毁树根的
Is my destroyer.
也是摧毁我的力
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我沉默,不能告诉弯腰曲背的玫瑰花
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
我的青春已被同样的冬季热病所压弯。

The force that drives the water through the rocks
驱动流水穿越岩石的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
驱动着我的红色血液;使张口的川流干涸的力
Turns mine to wax.
把我的脉流变成蜡。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我沉默,不能把话语注入我的血脉
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
说同一张嘴在怎样吮吸山泉。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动池塘里水波的那只手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
搅动着流沙;牵系着吹动的风的那只手
Hauls my shroud sail.
拖曳着我的尸布帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我沉默,不能告诉那吊在绞刑架上的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
何以绞刑刽子手的石灰是由我的肉体组成。

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间的嘴唇如水蛭吸干水的源头,
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱情滴下又积聚,但落下的血滴
Shall calm her sores.
将抚慰她的创伤。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我沉默,不能告诉刮风天气
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
何以时间已报出一个围住众星的天堂。

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我沉默,不能告诉情人的坟墓
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
何以同一只弯曲的蠕虫爬行在我的被单上。


添加译本