The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas

通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力巫宁坤 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
也催动我的绿色年华;使树根枯死的力
Is my destroyer.
也是我的毁灭者。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我也无言可告佝偻的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
我的青春也为同样的寒冬热病所压弯。

The force that drives the water through the rocks
催动着水穿透岩石的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
也催动我红色的血液;使喧哗的水流干涸的力
Turns mine to wax.
也使我的血液凝结。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我也无言可告我的血管
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
在高山的水泉也是同一张嘴在嘬吸。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动池塘里的水的那只手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
也搅动流沙;拉着风前进的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
也拖曳着我的衾布船帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我也无言可告那绞死的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
绞刑吏的石灰是用我的泥土制成。

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间的嘴唇像水蛭紧贴泉源;
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱情滴下又积聚,但是流下血液
Shall calm her sores.
一定会抚慰她的伤痛。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我也无言可告一个天气的风
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时间已经在群星的周围记下一个天堂。

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我也无言可告情人的墓穴
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
我的衾枕上也爬动着同样的蛆虫。


添加译本