The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas

穿过绿色茎管催动花朵的力海岸 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
穿过绿色茎管催动花朵的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催动我绿色的年华;摧毁树根的力
Is my destroyer.
摧毁我的一切。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我无言相告佝偻的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
一样的寒冬热病压弯了我的青春。

The force that drives the water through the rocks
催动流水穿透岩石的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
催动我鲜红的血液;驱使溪流干涸的力
Turns mine to wax.
驱使我的血流衰微。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我无言相告我的血管
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
同是这张嘴怎样吸干山涧的清泉。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动一泓池水旋转的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
搅动沙的流动;牵动风前行的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
扯动我裹尸布般的风帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我无言相告那绞死的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
我的泥土怎样制成刽子手的石灰。

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间的嘴唇水蛭般贴紧泉眼;
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱滴落又聚集,但是流淌的血
Shall calm her sores.
一定会抚慰她的伤痛。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我无言相告一个季候的风
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时光怎样围绕星星滴答出一个天堂。

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我无言相告恋人的坟墓
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
我的被褥上蠕动着一样扭曲的蛆虫。


添加译本