The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the Flower狄兰·托马斯

通过绿色导火索催开花朵的力量北岛 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
通过绿色导火索催开花朵的力量
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催开我绿色年华;炸毁树根的力量
Is my destroyer.
是我的毁灭者。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
而我哑然告知弯曲的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
我的青春同样被冬天的高烧压弯。

The force that drives the water through the rocks
驱动穿透岩石之水的力量
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
驱动我的鲜血;枯竭滔滔不绝的力量
Turns mine to wax.
使我的血凝结。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
而我哑然告知我的血管
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
同样的嘴怎样吮吸那山泉。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
在池中搅动水的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
搅动流沙;牵引急风的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
牵引我裹尸布的帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
而我哑然告知那绞死的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
我的泥土怎样制成刽子手的石灰。

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间之唇蛭吸源泉;
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱情滴散聚合,但沉落的血
Shall calm her sores.
会平息她的痛楚。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我哑然告知一种气候的风
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时间怎样沿星星滴答成天堂。

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
而我哑然告知情人的墓穴
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
我床单上怎样蠕动着同样的蛆虫。


添加译本