The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas

通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力汪剑钊 译


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催动我的绿色年华,毁灭树根的力
Is my destroyer.
也是害我的刽子手。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我缄默不语,无法告诉佝偻的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
正是这同样的冬天之热病毁损了我的青春。

The force that drives the water through the rocks
催动泉水挤过岩缝的力催动
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
我鲜红的血液;那使絮叨的小溪干涸的力
Turns mine to wax.
使我的血液凝固。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我缄默不语,无法对我的脉管张口,
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
同一双嘴唇怎样吸干了山泉。

The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动着一泓池水的那一只手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
搅动起流沙;牵引狂风的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
扯动我的尸布船帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我缄默不语,无法告诉走上绞架的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
我的肉体制成了绞刑吏的滑石粉。

The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间的嘴唇像水蛭吮吸着泉源,
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱情滴落又凝聚,但流下血液
Shall calm her sores.
将抚慰她的创痛。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我缄默不语,无法告诉变幻不定的风儿
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时间怎样环绕着繁星凿出一个天穹。

And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我缄默不语,无法告诉情人的墓穴,
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm
我的床单上也蠕动着一样的蛆虫。


添加译本